It is important for students to be able to identify, create, complete, and extend patterns in order to create a solid foundation in maths. This Spring Patterns Interactive Game is perfect for teaching and reinforcing this skill - pre-algebraic thinking!
The game is self-checking and works well with small groups or in a whole class setting. A recording sheet is provided for students to show their work and mark their progress. The game provides 20 problems to complete. After each problem students should return to HOME – this is the page with flowers which link to each problem. They can be completed in or out of order.
Each problem responds to students' input by:
• audio responses
• moving students to another slide where they then have to return HOME
The game is available in two formats:
• normal view rather like a PowerPoint presentation
• game view which automatically opens ready to play
WHOLE GROUP SETTING (Format 1)
• Print the recording sheet. (Can be found at the very end)
• Have the class sit around an interactive whiteboard.
• Teach and reinforce the skill with every problem.
• Students complete the recording sheet for each problem.
• Individuals can go to whiteboard to complete each problem.
SMALL GROUP SETTING (Format 2)
• The game can be completed on any device.
• If using an interactive whiteboard, groups can tally correct points for an eventual winning team – see points slide.
• Teacher can decide if students will complete recording sheet.
• Teacher Notes
• Recording Sheet
• Spring Patterning PowerPoint Game (2 formats)
Interactive Spring Patterning PowerPoint Game
PAGE COUNT: 30+
AGE RANGE: 7-9 YEARS
FILE TYPE: ZIP