This game has two kinds of cards: Shape cards in Black/Grey and Property
cards in multiple colours.
The Shape cards include 3 of each kind of quadrilateral; Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Rhombus, Trapezoid(US)/Trapezium(UK) and Kite. There are the correct number of properties cards for every Shape card. This means it is possible to play all Shape cards and all property cards and have no cards left at the end of the game.
Rules of Play
- Deal out 10 Property cards per player. Then place 3 Shape cards face-up in the centre of the table.
- Place the remaining Property cards and Shape cards face-down on the table for use in gameplay.
- Players take turns to place one of their Property cards next to one of the 3 Shape cards in the middle.
- If a player cannot place a Property on a Shape, the player must pick up 2 new Property cards.
- Once a Property card has been placed next to a Shape, it cannot be placed again by others.
- Once all Properties have been found for a Shape, they are discarded and a new Shape is selected.
- There should always be 3 Shapes in play.
- The winner of the game is the person who has played all of their Property cards.
Quadrilateral Match Card Game
PAGE COUNT: 17
FILE TYPE: PDF