There are 9 different kinds of geometric shape in 6 different colours with varied arrangements in this card game; Circles, Triangles, Rectangles, Pentagons, Hexagons, Octagons, Ellipses (oval), Trapeziums(UK)/Trapezoids(US) and Parallelograms.
Rules of Play
- Deal out all cards so that all players have the same amount.
- Players are NOT allowed to see their cards.
- Players take turns to place cards face-up onto a pile in the middle.
- If a placed card is the same kind of shape (rectangle, pentagon, etc.) to thecard underneath, the
first person to shout the name of the shape wins the played cards for their collection.
- The player who has collected the most cards at the end wins the game.
An alternative game will be to include the colour of the cards as a factor to look for. This is so that players will think about both the shape and the colour at the same time. This exercises thinking ability.
This game is also good for one-to-one tuition, or for a solitaire type game where the cards have to be ordered into similar shapes.
PAGE COUNT: 12
FILE TYPE: PDF