This Compound Words Station with visual cards will help illustrate the concept of compound words for young and/or visual learners. The cards are ideal to help students understand that a compound word is formed when two smaller words are pushed together to form a new word with its own meaning. The cards also illustrate that the smaller words have to be real words with actual meanings, such as flower-pot, cow-boy, and rain-bow.
The pack contains 135 picture word cards that show a compound word and the two words that make it - 45 compound words in total.
HOW TO USE:
- Students match the 2 words and the resulting compound word - 3 cards for each match
- A 9-word recording sheet is included for students to record their matches
- The station can be completed 5 times without repeating any compound words
- Picture Words cards for 45 compound words
- Recording Sheet (colour and ink-saving versions)
SPAG: Compound Words Visual Cards
PAGE COUNT: 30
AGE RANGE: 6-8 YEARS
FILE TYPE: PDF